Our kindergarten relies upon the active involvement of parents. By participating in the life of the kindergaraten, not only do parents become involved in our small community, but gain a greater and practical insight into the workings of the Steiner Philosophy.
Parents’ contributions together with the fees enable the kindergarten to function. As a way of sustaining and nourishing the kindergarten community these contributions have many advantages:
- Children see their parents as part of the kindergarten, modelling co-operation. This is hugely beneficial to the child’s sense of belonging and understanding of social cohesion.
- It provides a route for parents to get involved in the community, and to meet other parents.
- It gives parents a sense of “ownership” of the kindergarten, while keeping fees down.
- Tasks are carried out with love and care, which contributes to the kindergarten’s special atmosphere.
- Parents can engage with each other and the school through a balance of practical work and formal meetings.
There are many ways in which parents can contribute to the life of our kindergarten:
- Being part of the kindergarten’s cleaning and laundry rota
- Participating actively in the organisation and running of our annual Christmas Fair, which is the kindergarten’s main fundraising and social event of the year
- Organising other fundraising and social events (e.g. barn dance)
- Accompanying children on outings
- Helping on school workdays,
- Helping with our publicity efforts, including running stalls at education events, distributing flyers, supporting open days
- Repairing and improving the grounds
- Being part of one of our kindergarten Support teams.